Important features include:
- The theory behind systematic trading: why and when it works, and when it doesn't.
- Simple and effective ways to design effective strategies.
- A complete position management framework which can be adapted for your needs.
- How fully systematic traders can create or adapt trading rules to forecast prices.
- Making discretionary trading decisions within a systematic framework for position management.
- Why traditional long only investors should use systems to ensure proper diversification, and avoid costly and unnecessary portfolio churn.
- Adapting strategies depending on the cost of trading and how much capital is being used.
- Practical examples from UK, US and international markets showing how the framework can be used.
Systematic Trading is detailed, comprehensive and full of practical advice. It provides a unique new approach to system development and a must for anyone considering using systems to make some, or all, of their investment decisions.